Responsibility Towards Senior Citizens – Class 10 Social Notes Consists of the notes of the Chapter, download the Notes pdf and enjoy offline. To Download Pdf Notes Click on the Download Pdf Button at the Bottom of the Post.
Responsibility Towards Senior Citizens:
- Respect: Senior citizens should be respected for their wisdom, experience, and contributions to society. It is our responsibility to treat them with dignity and honor.
- Care and Support: We should provide care and support to senior citizens who may have difficulty with daily activities such as mobility, health, and socialization.
- Emotional Support: We should provide emotional support to senior citizens who may be experiencing loneliness, depression, or anxiety.
- Safety and Security: We should ensure that senior citizens are safe and secure in their homes, communities, and public spaces.
- Inclusion: Senior citizens should be included in community activities, social events, and decision-making processes that affect their lives.
Nepali Constitution and Senior Citizens:
The Nepali Constitution recognizes the rights of senior citizens and provides for their protection and welfare. Article 42 of the Constitution states that the government shall provide social security, health care, and other necessary facilities to senior citizens. The Constitution also prohibits discrimination on the basis of age.
Government Works for Senior Citizens:
The Nepali government has implemented several programs and policies to support senior citizens. These include:
- National Senior Citizen Fund: The government has established the National Senior Citizen Fund to provide financial assistance to senior citizens who are unable to support themselves.
- Elderly Allowance: The government provides an elderly allowance to senior citizens who are over the age of 70 and have no means of support.
- Health Care: The government provides free or subsidized health care services to senior citizens.
- Senior Citizen Homes: The government has established senior citizen homes to provide shelter, care, and support to senior citizens who may have no family or means of support.
- Awareness Campaigns: The government has launched awareness campaigns to promote respect, care, and support for senior citizens and to raise awareness about their rights and needs.